How to Make the Most of Your Spanish Lessons
The Speed You Learn to Speak Spanish Will Depend on:
- The number of lessons you choose to take per week (2 or
3 Lessons per week are best)
- Your communication goals: meaning, what level of Spanish you would like
- Beginner - Answer simple questions, use basic greetings, and make introductions.
- Low Intermediate Comfortable using present, past and future verb tenses in general conversation. Ability to use basic everyday vocabulary (minimal level basic communication, useful for travelers visiting Spanish speaking countries). It is realistic to expect to reach this level in approximately 6 months.
- Intermediate: Able to use descriptions, comparisons, and other conversational tools to discuss and explain thoughts, actions, and ideas. (Ability to communicate in most social settings)
- Proficient: You can converse confidently in Spanish using proper grammar and correct pronunciation. (able to conduct business or take academic courses in Spanish). It make take a few years to obtains
- Fluent: You have complete command of the
language and are able to converse in all situations with correct
pronunciation and few errors. (knowledgeable enough to teach
- The additional time that you put into practicing the language.
Spanish is not learned during class time only, students progress by finding ways to integrate Spanish in their lives on a daily basis. This can be accomplish in several ways:
Finding friends that you can speak with
Watching Spanish Language Television
Listening to Spanish language radio and podcasts
Attending Spanish cultural events
Reading Spanish books, Magazines and newspapers (a list a Spanish language newspapers)
- Disciplined Approach:
You must practice some aspect of Spanish (Reading, Speaking, Writing) on a regular preferably daily basis.
- Practice Writing:
If you write well, you will read well, if you read well and you will speak well. It is all connected.
Speak in Spanish NYC is committed to helping you have a productive experience learn to speak Spanish.
Regardless of the type of instruction you take advantage of (private, semiprivate or corporate), each session is highly personalized and focused on your progress and success toward achieving your goals.
- All materials and programs used in the lessons are custom designed for your specific needs
- Lesson are conducted at a pace best suited for the individual student or small group.
- Semi-private lessons are most effective when offered to groups of two to four students.
- Students interested in semi-private lessons may form their own small groups.
- All lessons are given in New York City at the student’s home, office or other suitable location.
Spanish Levels sourced, in part, from Intrax